I created this art journal page for a challenge over at Scrap mixers. The challenge was to define scrapmixing using six different patterned papers.
- to create the back ground I sprayed three different colors of dylusions inkspray. then added some water to mix and blotted with a paper towel
- then i used a stencil to spray water through to remove some of the ink
- I built up layers of texture by spraying through three diferent stencils with the same color of spray
- I used matte medium to adhere the patterned papers.
- For some additional texture I added some transparent texture paste with a Tim Holtz stencil. then layered tissue paper over it and adhered with the matte medium
- I stamped several image on the background using archival ink.
- The girl at the bottom is my daughters artwork printed on thin cardstock and adhered with matte medium
- The title was create with stickers, pen and diecuts.
- I used a prima finnabair stamp to create a border around the edges
- For some added dimension I used a Tim Holtz stencil and Heidi Swapp gold art screen ink
Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my artwork. I love comments so please let me know what you think. Also head on over to scrapmixers and give this challenge a try!