My birthday post
Posted: August 12, 2008 in everyday life
Well, today is the big day, my 37th birthday. I guess I should be thinking about my mortality or some other weighty issues. I’m not, it just feels like any other day. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not unhappy about it, it just seems that as I get older the actual date of my birthday loses some of the magic. Maybe that’s why Donna’s ditty made me so emotional. It put a little magic back in my day. In addition, Neil and I are going out to do some fun stuff sans kids tonight. soooo, in honor of the celebreation of the 32nd (ok 37th but who’s counting) I have come up with a list of 11 things I want to make sure to do in the next year.
- 1. Lose the weight2. Spend more time with my mother and brother
3. Spend more thime with my mother in law and sister in law
4. Be a better friend
5. Get control of my temper
6. Do really well in school
7. Be more intimate with my husband
8. Read weightier books
9. Work out on a regular basis
10. Tone down the bitchiness (ie my slightly judjemental side)
11. Bury the hatchet and make it up to people I’ve wronged
Oh, I forgot to mention the gifts I got from my wonderful husband. Two new trashy vampire novels, a box of rocky Mountain Chocolates and a brand new iPod! Thanks, Honey!