1. Parking sucked but wasn’t as bad as I thought…..traffic getting there was worse. 30 minutes for a trip that normally takes 10
2. my Graphic Design Essentials teacher is cute…really cute, not super cute but really cute. And get this……wait for it……………………………………………………………………………..he’s only 25!
3. I’m not as cool as I though I was
4. I’m not as uncool as my husband thinks I am
5. This is going to be alot more work than I thought
6. I really need a mac–pc ‘s not going to cut it
7. I forgot how much I love sitting in class stretching my brain
8. My laptop is way to big and heavy (see picture)
9. Art supplies ain’t cheap
10. My intro to Design teacher has alot of really cool things to say
11. Student critique of my work is going to be really hard one me
12.. I’m really excited about the projects for Design I
13. I love the idea that we don’t create in a vacuum…once our work is out there it’s open to critique and interpretation. People may not see in it waht we want them to but that’s ok. Everyone’s reality is different…just love this idea! (from Intro to Design)
14. I’m alittle worried about eventually getting a job in graphic design. There are lots of programs in Orlando churning out artists….I just have to be better than them….Hopefully I’m just that good
15. I’m lookng forward to learning the programs–Photoshop ( I kind of know it but not really), Illustrator and In Design
16. This is probably the hardest and most important reflection. I now know why going back to school as an adult with kids is so hard. It’s not the finding the time, it’s finding your identity. I really, really love being in school. I get to worry about just me and my needs. Getting MY work done. I forgot how good that feels. Then I got home and the kids were yanking me this way and that. I found I resented it. It’s like I got a taste of the good life and had to let go of it. I was just me for awhile and then I wasn’t. I seriously lost it. The pure sadness I felt really scared and surprised me. I love my kids but I forgot how nice life is without them. I know that sounds awful and I hate myself for saying it. hopefully that feeling will pass and I will be able to integrate the school me with the mommy me. If not, I fear for my sanity.